Friday, February 4, 2011

Questions Answered

Hello to all of my new friends. I'm getting all kinds of questions about how do I know if the plaque is real Navy and not Chinese. Weeeeell , it helps if you've been around the foundry and have seen these brass emblems being made and yes I've been there.

The really big thingie to watch out for today , when someone tells you it's brass , is to ask if it's real brass or brass powder filled resin. You would not believe how many of those other brass plaques are being sold as real brass. What you need is the resin and brass powder. Make a shell inside the mold with your resin/brass mixture and when it hardens , you then pour in a filler material to fill up the mold cavity. Usually , this filler stuff is resin with old washers to give it a heavy feel , mix in some coloring and there you are. I always have a magnet on hand just in case I have a doubt.

I can tell you , I've seen just about everything out there and what I sell here is the real deal. No one has accused me of anything less. Please ask your questions and thank you for stopping by.
:)

No comments: